Home > constituent services > Casework Share


If you are having problems with a federal agency or have questions about services the government provides, my staff in Utah may be able to help you.  They can direct you to the appropriate office, provide you with necessary instructions, phone numbers or materials, and find out the status of an application for you.

My office resolves hundreds of cases every year involving federal agencies ranging from the Social Security Administration to the VA.  If you are having difficulty contacting or resolving a problem with a federal agency, please follow the instructions below to request assistance.

What Can My Office Do?

My office is able to obtain information and submit requests regarding the status of a constituent’s application or claim.  While my office cannot offer legal advice or act as a representative on your behalf, we can act as a liaison between you and the federal agency involved to come to a satisfactory resolution.

Agencies and Issue Areas

Although we can contact any federal agency, the vast majority of our cases involve the following agencies and concerns:


Problems with veteran’s benefits, eligibility determinations, VA health care and replacements of medals earned.

Social Security

Social Security benefits and eligibility, missing checks and disability claims.

Passports and Visas

Checking the status of passport or visa applications and providing information about foreign travel warnings from the State Department.


If you are serving in the military from Utah’s Third Congressional District and you need help with any military issue, Please contact my Provo office for help (801) 851-2500.  Common issues include but are not limited to issues with military and retiree pay, issues with the National Guard and Reserve, obtaining prior service documents from the National Personnel Records Center, and obtaining military awards and decorations.

If you are a concerned family member, or need to communicate with a servicemember regarding a family emergency, the American Red Cross can help. American Red Cross communication services can help following the death or serious illness of a family member, the birth of a child, or in other family emergencies. For generations, the Red Cross has sent messages quickly, anywhere in the world, including ships at sea, embassies, and isolated military units. For more information, contact your local Red Cross.

Medicare and Medicaid

Medicare is the taxpayer-financed program that helps to pay for medical services for the elderly and people with disabilities. I may be able to assist you in connecting with the Governor's office if you have had a claim denied, or are disputing coverage of procedures. Please call my Provo office at 1-(801) 851-2500.

Medicaid, which provides medical care to low income individuals, is administered by the Utah Department of Health.

If you believe you were part of the Medicaid Data Breach currently affecting residents in Utah, please visit www.health.utah.gov/databreach, or call 1-855-238-3339.

Who to Contact and What You Need

Due to the Privacy Act of 1974 (5 U.S.C. § 552a), my office will need a signed letter/privacy release form from you, giving my office permission to look into your case.  No inquiries from my office can be made without such written consent.  An e-mail will not suffice as a release.

If you are in need of help with a federal agency, please click here and complete this form. After you complete and submit this form, you will be contacted by a member of my staff with further instructions.

In order for me to help you, you must be a resident of the 3rd Congressional District of Utah. If you are not a resident of the 3rd Congressional District, please contact your representative in Congress for further assistance. As a courtesy to one another, all Members of Congress forward outside requests to the representative of the district in which the person lives.


» General Office Privacy Release Form
» Passport Privacy Release Form
» Immigration Visa Privacy Release Form